Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Passover Seder

We had a Passover Seder with our small group

The seder plate with bitter herbs horse radish
it brought tears to our eyes

The greens (reminder of hyssop)
dipped in salt water (tears)

and the lamb's bone
the lamb that was slain, to save

The Matzoh bag with 3 compartments
possibly a picture of; Father - Son - Holy Spirit
The middle Matzoh is broken, hidden and it re-appears
to be broken and eaten as dessert

this became part of the Lord's supper;

take, eat, this is my body, given for you
do this in remembrance of me

The Matza has holes
Jesus was pierced too
another picture

The meal with Matza ball soup
between the second and third cup of wine

4 times we drank wine to commemorate the 4 promises

1. I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians
2. I will free you from being slaves to them
3. I will redeem you with an outstretched arm
and many acts of judgment
4. I will take you as my own people

The third cup became part of the Lord's supper;

Drink from it, all of you.
This is my blood of the new covenant,
which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Beautiful Anja!
So symbolic and ceremonial!
Thanks for sharing all the details...I've learned something new!
Shalom!
Joanne