Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hoity Toity wine tasting

 
After the tour of the shop we went to the cellar
the basement of the house
 
 
we got little sips from different wines
 

the first one we tried was Maid's night off
not my kind of wine, liked Dusty white gloves way better
 
 
you only need a little sip to know if you like a wine or cider
 

we tried ciders from apple and pear
I liked the pear one the best
the name was gravel snowstorm I think


They sure put some humor in their wine naming
 Frosty fake pearls was ice wine like
 
 
This was my personal favourite
Belle of the Barn
 
We still have grapes, we could make ice-wine...
...or just buy some
 


1 comment:

Olga Shaffer said...

Did you bring any bottles home? I wouldn't be opposed to trying some. :)

Also, I think you should try making some wine from your grapes sometime. Maybe it won't work well the first time, but it never hurts to try.