Saturday, November 12, 2022

Day 11 Carmel Caesarea Jerusalem

 


Nazareth early morning


Luke 4 devotions 
when the people wanted to stone Jesus


we got out at a bus stop on a busy road


then up mount Carmel


talking about Eliah


but also about learning to listen
when we need to change our path


sometimes God puts sirim in our way 
a thorny scratchy schrub, so we change 
our path. we need to listen, open our ears




Isaiah 50
He wakens me morning by morning
wakens my ear (chisel out my ear)
 to listen like one being instructed
the sovereign Lord has opened my ears


this is the longest hike
3 km uphill


Tatiana asked if she could carry my backpack
and I got the privilege of her company


very old olive trees
about1300 years old


we talk about a shoot  hoter 
from an olive tree
and a bud a netzer


made it all the way up



palace of Herod, He may have never been there
crazy guy


flesh eater, so only bones are left 


crow


this was where Paul was held in Caesarea 


through an ancient washroom


into the hoppodrome, seats 50,000


looking for treasures




No comments: